Friday, May 17, 2013

Mother Love!

Hellooooo & Happy Friday to you...its the weekend!  I'm pretty sure I will be excited to see Monday after this weekend and I NEVER say that :)  Prom festivities have started...Alexa (and me) got pedicures yesterday.  Her best friend that moved to Georgia is flying in tomorrow evening for the weekend and to go to prom and she's staying with us...so the girls are excited.  My mom comes up today too and we will be doing some stuffs as well.  Riley is paintballing on Saturday morning, I'm going to the nursery to get some flowers for my pots, Alexa has a hair appt at 1, I gotta pick up her date's boutinniere, take Mom to lunch and then prom pics at 5ish.  Phewwwwww!  Then the adults are going to dinner and Riley is having friends over for the night and we will have some of Alexa's friends here after prom too.    AND YES if you follow me on FB and Instagram I will have tons of photos of prom up this weekend if you wanna check em out!  HINT:  Alexa's dress is my FAVE color :)

This end of year school stuff is always killer but as they get older there is ssoooo much going on all the time, its like a whirlwind.  Most of you may have noticed I'm not traveling and teaching as much this year...not that I'm fully stopping but I'm definitely not doing it as much.  After 3 years of non-stop traveling I felt the need to take a bit of a break.  Plus I want to be home more as this is Alexa's last year of High School and I don't want to miss a thing.  Being a good mom and wife has always been important to me...you only get one chance at this stuff so I feel you gotta be really present & good the first time around.   I also have A LOT of "other" things I want to do, try, accomplish and I just haven't had the time to do while I was traveling.  And yes I miss it but I know what's MOST important in my life and I felt for both me and my family I needed to be home a bit more.  Doesn't mean I'm stopping what I'm doing...it just means I'll be doing A LOT more of stuff LOL!  I have lots of ideas and time still flies by but I'm trying to cram as much livin' in as I can!

AND as soon as I get my PC laptop fixed and/or get some software for my Mac so it will accept my camcorder I will have LOTS new videos coming, not just coloring but other things too....so stay tuned!


********************************

A Mother's Love


So I consider myself a thoughtful, loving and caring person, I really do...I always have the best intentions and tend to lead my life with my heart first.  However I suck at getting people their cards and presents on time, its a character flaw but I readily admit to everyone trust me...the thought is there I however SUCK at mailing stuff or getting it there on time.  So this is my Mother's Day card for my mom LOL...she's coming tomorrow so I figured I'd just hand deliver it.  She knows me well enough to never be surprised by this...plus I consider the card a "thing" not the only representation of my love, admiration and respect of my mother who I count as my #1 best friend and fan.  So one of her favorite colors is lavender (and blue) so this card was custom-made for her.  I'm still working on the other part of her gift...not my fault though lol...the supplies came later than I had expected!  Will share that when its done!

I'm entering this into the following challenges:




So Ms. Sherri Baldy has some awesome new Besties digis...heck if you follow her on FB she has new ones up every day that make me drool.  So when I saw this cutie, I had to have her...reminds me a bit of myself (she's admittedly much cuter than me though lol) with my gray kitty Poncho.  Funny story about Poncho & my mom in a minute...she will get a chuckle out of this card for sure.  But this Bestie is called "Besties with Kitty", she's a doll huh?  

When we first had Poncho (and his sis Millie) he was a REAL DIVA...he still is but he's more mellow these days.  For whatever reason Poncho did not like my mom that much LMBO...she'd walk by him and he'd hiss or swat at her...even when she'd try to pet him.  It was hilarious...he really only let me and Riley be his "keeper".  Then a few years after we had him he had a bladder infection and blockage...he was really really sick and had to have surgery.  After surgery he came home more mellow but about 6 mos later he was still sick...so I took him to our new vet and they discovered the catheter had been left inside after surgery OMG...he was close to a deadly infection so he had to have surgery again.  Well after that he came home a changed kitty-man LOL...he's very mellow and never hisses or swats anymore.  Although Mom tends to still avoid him a bit when she comes up...so that's why I made this kitty gray...like my Poncho ;) hee!

Supplies: Papers are by Prima and all were distressed with my Zutter Distress machine.  I love a monochromatic theme and this one is a bit shabby chic.  The decorative corners were done with a La La Land die "Filigree Corner", ribbon is from Michaels, charm I've had for ages and the leafy elements were done with a Memory Box die.  Flowers are a mix of Prima and Wild Orchid Crafts.



She got colored with Copics:  V99,V95,V93,V000 / E11,E00,R11/ E47,E35,E31,E50 / C5,C3,C1.  Then I added Diamond Glaze to her eyes and Stickles o her shirt for sprakle.


So that's all from me....busy weekend ahead!  See you next week & have a great one!



8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. Suzanne this takes my breath away. My favorite colors and this Beastie has a kitty. That is the reason I bought this same image a few days ago. Made me think of me and my sweet little Must I whom I still miss so much. :-). I know your Mom us going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely amazing! I love this card! So beautiful and the colors are stunning!

    TFS,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute Suzanne. Your coloring is just fab!!! as always!!!! Yes Sherri's digis are fabulous and adorable.
    Have a fun week-end. Watch out for your little toesies. Take Loads of pictures!!!! One prom year for oneof my daughters I forgot to take a picture of her alone. Could you believe that!!!!! She wore a gorgeous red gown. She still reminds me 8 years later. OMG!!Hugz!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Suzanne- Great card, love Sheri's images and just love what you did with this sweetie... You must have LOVED that her little cat was beside her, too!! Also loving that new videos are in the future- can't wait to see what is in store. In the meantime, yes, take a breath and be where your heart tells you to be.. my thoughts are with you as you navigate this exciting time for Alexa and the beginning of "letting go"... not easy but you know you have armed them with power and confidence- it will bring you great joy and pride as you watch them grow and accomplish their goals... xxx Ann Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Don't feel bad, my mom got her card late too. That's what happens when you have a six year old pulling on your shirt and a huge line at the post office with only one person working and you are trying to address the envelope and you accidentally switch the addresses and end up mailing it to yourself! That was quite a shock when I opened up the mailbox! But she got a good laugh out of it when I told her why her card was going to be late so it was all good! Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Suzanne. Sounds like you have your hands full this weekend. Hope everyone has a great time and I'll be looking for photos on FB.
    I love your darling card. Such a cute image and the violet colors are soft and pretty.
    Wishing you the best and a little de-stress time for yourself this weekend.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  8. So so pretty. Hope you had a great weekend

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your lovely comments and taking the time to stop by! hugz,Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Pin It button on image hover